× Members

2 points (rejected) to 26 points (enhanced both)!

More
2 years 10 months ago #259554 by smonkey
I was on standard daily living and no mobility.

Reassessment came, and I got a very lovely assessor who couldn't have been nicer and more understanding of my health situation.

But when I got the report back it was like it was a completely different assessment. Extremely horrible, dismissive, and used out of context information from reports against me, which made no sense. I got 2 points and all my financial support taken away.

Mandatory recon came to the same decision. 2 points, no benefit.

I applied to go to tribunal and used Benefits and Work guide to point out all the issues, which took a lot of emotional energy but got there in the end.

DWP called me to say that they are going to give me enhanced rate of both - 26 points overall.

I don't know how it can go from 2 points to 26 points but I know I couldn't have done it without the guides.

Thank you for all that you do. Benefits and Work shouldn't have to exist, but I'm so glad that it does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Angel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #259568 by BIS
Hi smonkey

Many, many congratulations on your award. It is stunning when they manage to go from 2 points to 26! But I am so happy for you. And well done for persevering and using the guides. Glad you found them so useful.

BIS

Tags: @PIP @RESULT

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 9 months ago #260065 by Chris
Congratulations smonkey. A similar scenario happened to me. 2 points, mandatory recon no change, applied for tribunal and received a call. Enhanced for both.
Very well done, I know the feeling :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.