× Members

Statement of Reasons?

More
2 years 10 months ago #260910 by suicidalgoldfish
Replied by suicidalgoldfish on topic Statement of Reasons?
Thank you for all your replies

I will leave it alone even though it does seem unfair.

I’m going to be 66 in three months so the mobility component was a now or never.

For anyone else who may be interested I was awarded 4 points by the DWP for being able to walk between 50 and 200 meters.

The Tribunal awarded me another 12 points for being unable to follow the route of a familiar journey etc.

The Tribunal recommended a 5 year review dated from the original decision, so another 4 years.
Hopefully this will be a light touch one as I’ll be retired by then although I don’t know what that actually is?

Thank you again for your help
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #260912 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Statement of Reasons?
I've just rang & explained my dilemma. the person said that DWP wouldn't be informed. I've left it as it is for the time being, I'll report back should DWP come for me. Although I trust B&W with my life, so I'm not disputing the info that the mods give in any way.

Might I add that I emailed in for my SOR as lines were busy. Perhaps they'll contact me & ask me to put it in writing, then I'll leave it at that.

More
2 years 10 months ago #260913 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Statement of Reasons?
Hello suidicalgoldfish,

The light touch reviews are currently for people who have been given indefinate awards, so unfortunately yours will probably the standard form of review (details from page 133 in our PIP guide if you are interested at this stage).

As a point of interest, nobody, including apparently the DWP, knows what a light touch review will look like when they finally start happening.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 10 months ago #260919 by AliBee
Replied by AliBee on topic Statement of Reasons?
I don’t think it’s appropriate to name specific members of the Tribunal panel. Shouldn’t this information be redacted?

More
2 years 10 months ago #260923 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Statement of Reasons?
Hi Sarah

We would not allow named members of a tribunal panel to be posted on the site, which is why each post is moderated, so yes this information would be redacted.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 10 months ago #260926 by AliBee
Replied by AliBee on topic Statement of Reasons?
Gary, in that case you need to review the original post in this thread as a Tribunal panel member has been named!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.