× Members

Child DLA to PIP success

More
2 years 4 months ago #265942 by superstottie
Child DLA to PIP success was created by superstottie
My son turned 16 in April, he had been awarded middle rate care and low rate mobility DLA 5 years ago due to being autistic and having severe anxiety. We had a renewal about 2 years ago, same award. We got the forms earlier this year, and after applying to be his representative I completed the form using the guides on this site. 6 weeks ago I got a call from someone to do a telephone assessment, as they said they classed my son as a vulnerable young person so wouldn't call him for a face to face assessment and would just like to clarify a few things with myself. I was told it would be about 6 weeks to hear back with current timings, and 6 weeks to the day I got the award letter yesterday. I opened it prepping myself for disappointment, but his award has actually been increased to high rate care and high rate mobility.

I am still slightly in disbelief at how smoothly the claim went after hearing some of the horror stories, and that they increased the award rather than decreased it, and am so grateful to the excellent guides on this site, as without them I don't think it would have been this result. I also found the video about claiming the mobility component on mental health grounds extremely useful for helping me to word the claim, and again I don't think my son would have been awarded the high rate mobility component without the information gained from that video. The price of the subscription is worth itself a million times over for how easy and stress free it has made the process, and I want to thank all those who are involved in writing the guides, making the videos, and running the site for all the excellent, easy to understand but concise information provided. I really cannot express how much I appreciate all that B&W does to help purple like my family navigate the minefield that is the benefits system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, denby, BIS, AliBee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #265948 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Child DLA to PIP success
Hi superstottie

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations. We do on a regular basis hear positive news such as yours, although quite often on a regular basis we hear about the cases where things have gone wrong. We do ask those claimants who have a positive experience to post on line their journey to encourage members.

Thank you for your kind words.

I am tagging my reply so that the back office also get to read your encouraging post.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 4 months ago #265976 by Katherine
Replied by Katherine on topic Child DLA to PIP success
fantastic news

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 4 months ago #265980 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Child DLA to PIP success
Hi Supertottie

I can only endorse what Gary has said. Many, many congratulations to you for your success on your son's behalf. Thank you for letting us know. It's so good when we hear of a win, which sounds as if although it must have been stressful went as smoothly as it could have done with an outstanding result. Glad to think you can rest more easily now.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.