× Members

Mobility car and mandatory reconsideration

More
1 year 9 months ago #271819 by JC
Hello
I’m asking for advice for my personal independence review. I have enhanced and have a mobility car. Having severe anxiety and manic depression, the review is causing me great distress as it does all of us. I’m waiting for the DWP to give me a outcome to my review. My biggest concern is if they do not award the same points for my enhanced component, will I lose my car straight away? It is a life line for me and without it I would be lost. I would put in a MR to contest the decision but would mobility wait till the end of the MR decision if I explained to them the circumstances? I would continue to tribunal if needed but again would I be without transport for this potentially considerable time? I fully understand that if I don’t get it then the car should be taken away but until then? I’m just so worried as getting a new car would be so costly but also added stress to me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271839 by BIS
Hi Jamie

If this happened you would need to talk to Motability about your options.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #271844 by JC
Not really helping unfortunately

More
1 year 9 months ago #271852 by JC
???!

More
1 year 9 months ago #271853 by Gary
Hi JC

We have heard from a number of members who have not been given the enhanced Mobility component, they contacted the Motability scheme and were able to keep the car whilst waiting for the Mandatory Reconsideration.

It may not happen to everyone but as BIS has stated you would need to contact the Motability scheme and discuss options with them.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #271865 by JC
many thanks that is all i wanted was a little assistance !! kindest regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.