× Members

Criteria for living alone for sdp

More
1 year 9 months ago #271871 by george13
Criteria for living alone for sdp was created by george13
Hi all , am in a different situation than previously so wanted to ask if anyone knows the criteria for receiving sdp if someone who comes back and forth within a week , basically the person is at the property once or twice at most at niight each week - and maybe twice a week in the day in a week , its hard because i hardly ever see them so for the fact of they are registered st this address means i can not apply for sdp ? Many thanks for reading my ramblings !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271887 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Criteria for living alone for sdp
Hi george13

To be eligible for the Severe Disability Premium you need to meet the following criteria;

- You need to be receiving or entitled to (with the SDP) Income Related ESA
- You need to be receiving a qualifying benefit such as a PIP Daily Living award (there are other benefits)
- You need to be living alone or considered to be living alone
- No one must be receiving Carers Allowance against the qualifying benefit

The questions to ask , does your friend have their own fixed address, where do they stay the other days of the week when they do not stay with you?

When you say they are registered at you address, what do you mean?

I would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation: advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: george13

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.