× Members

PIP Review

More
9 months 1 week ago #286490 by Philtfa
Replied by Philtfa on topic PIP Review
So, 10 months after submitting my review form I had a text from the DWP to inform me that my details had been passed to Independent Assessment Services for review. Apparently they will contact me if they feel that I need an assessment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286496 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Review
HI Philtfa

Glad to hear that you have at least heard that your claim is progressing, even though it's very slow.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 5 days ago #287121 by Philtfa
Replied by Philtfa on topic PIP Review
OMG! Suddenly, a whirlwind of activity from the DWP and assessment agency and I'm now in shock. As previously posted I received a text message in early December to say that my review had been passed over to an assessor for them to review. 10 days ago, on 16th January, I get a call 'out of the blue' from the assessor who wants to ask some questions relating to my claim but specifically related to pain and how I experience it. I was told this wasn't an assessment. The call only lasted 15 minutes max and I was only asked about cooking and mobility and how pain affected my ability to cook and to walk. The assessor was friendly, polite and said I had nothing to worry about. I've been led up that path before so wasn't getting any hopes up. She concluded by saying she had all the information she needed and would send her report to the DWP. I tried to make sense of what had just happened, although she said it wasn't an assessment it seemed to bear all the hallmarks of a paper based assessment, but was that a good thing or a bad thing?. Three days later I received a text from the DWP saying they had all the information they had and that they would be writing to me with their decision within two weeks. Yesterday the phone rang at 1730. It was the DWP, they said they wanted to explain my award and payments, I've never heard of them doing anything like this before on any forum posts but maybe others have experienced it. Bearing in mind I still didn't know the outcome of my review claim I was braced for what was about to be said. When he said Enhanced care, up from standard, and enhanced mobility, the same as previously I nearly fell over. And, the enhanced care was backdated to when I submitted my review back in January of last year, so this is a significant amount of money. But the good news didn't stop there, my award would be for ten years! As I said, I'm completely in shock. Obviously I want to receive the letter now so as to see it in writing but I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of the call. I'll report back when I get the letter, which hopefully won't be too long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Blueberry Owl

More
8 months 5 days ago #287131 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Review
Good morning Philtfa,

Wow - that certainly is a whirlwind of emotions, but a huge congratulations on your success! I bet you're delighted now, that you can finally relax, and breathe :)

Well done.

Regards, Chris

@success

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 5 days ago #287142 by Blueberry Owl
Replied by Blueberry Owl on topic PIP Review
Congratulations Philtfa.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.