× Members

Received Pip 1043 in the post today, 23rd of June but form is dated the 1st!

More
1 year 3 months ago #281090 by T23
And they want it returned with supporting documents on the 1st of July (Saturday next). I've seen the stories in the newsletter about DWP cutting off callers and without wishing to sound paranoid I'm worried that I won't get through and they'll cut my claim. How can a form take over 3 weeks to get from Wolverhampton to London? It feels a bit deliberate. I don't know if i'll be able to get it all together by say Wednesday to get to them by the Saturday. If I can't get through on the phone to ask for an extension will I have any rights to appeal this situation or will they just blame the Post Office.

Thanks for reading
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #281093 by Gary
Hi T23

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

You are not alone, we quite often hear from members who have had the same situation. You need to contact DWP and ask for an extension. The best time to phone is first thing in the morning other times you can be on hold for over an hour or get cut off. This was raised in our latest newsletter; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/almost-ha...isconnected-in-april

If you kept a copy of your previous claim, use that as a template, make sure when you send the form off that you send it off by recorded delivery as posts do go missing.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 3 months ago #281110 by T23
Thanks Gary, appreciate the reply. I'll keep on top of it & let people know how it goes.

More
1 year 3 months ago #281111 by greekqueen
Hi T23, I too have received a letter with a date from three weeks previous, their system must be on a go slow or The Royal Mail took extra time because of staff shortages over summer, or both.

As Gary said, phone to arrange an extension, they are well used to this and will accommodate your request.

Good luck

Greekqueen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 3 months ago #281112 by Chris
Hi - This happened to me earlier this year, and although I managed to get through on the phone after 3/4 of an hour, I did get a 2 week extension. Hope you manage to get sorted with this. There's nothing worse than feeling extremely anxious about getting forms in on time, and then worrying in the rush, if you've missed anything important.

More
1 year 3 months ago #281265 by T23
Hi All,
Thanks for the replies. I managed to get through and they gave me a fortnight. I argued the point but said that was standard. If I can't gather all the information I can call again & they will consider another extension. Guess we'll see!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.