× Members

query re dental etc on ESA

More
1 year 1 week ago #283376 by shwmae
query re dental etc on ESA was created by shwmae
hi there- I tried asking this question previously but couldn't find out how to word it correctly and I caused some confusion! But now I have found out the correct term to use- so my question is- for those on ContESA but were assessed for IRESA too- I now receive a NIL amount of payment because of more savings but am still way under the £16k threshold- do I still qualify for free optical / dental treatment? Apologies for not knowing how to phrase the question previously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #283378 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic query re dental etc on ESA
Hi shwmae

As you are not in receipt of a means tested benefit such as IR ESA then the answer is no.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 1 week ago #283465 by shwmae
Replied by shwmae on topic query re dental etc on ESA
ah thanks- I was confused as although my IRESA top-up is now NIL they still want me to provide my savings each year- thanks for explaining.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292703 by shwmae
Replied by shwmae on topic query re dental etc on ESA
hi there - thought I'd better update on here. So even though I don't any longer get a top-up from IR ESA due to my savings (am on Cont ESA), I do qualify for free dental re NHS charges and also the optical free sight test / voucher. It's because my savings are still below £16,000, so they have issued me with the HC2 certificate for low income...
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.