× Members

UC Tribunal question

More
11 months 1 week ago #284558 by Stephen M
UC Tribunal question was created by Stephen M
I'm currently awaiting a date for my Tribunal hearing regarding a UC WCA and disagreeing with their decision of being made fit for work. I have also had a DWP MR which didn't go in my favour.

I recently spoke to someone from the Tribunal centre regarding my case and she said that it's important to send any additional medical evidence that would strengthen my case asap.

She also said that any worsening of my current condition and any new condition would be looked at by the Tribunal judge "with fresh eyes" so it's important to send medical evidence regarding this. I was surprised to hear that the tribunal would take any new medical condition, or a worsening of my current condition into consideration when making their decision.

I assumed it would only relate to the condition at the time of my WCA.

Could you confirm that i was given the correct information as i do have a worsening of my condition and a new medical condition, as well as all relevant medical evidence to send them?

I do have a follow up question too, thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284573 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC Tribunal question
Hi Stephen M

The Tribunal will only be interested in your condition at the time of your assessment, quite often claimants will say they have got worse since the assessment which will make it much harder for the Tribunal to come to a decision based on how you were at the time and you will be more likely be turned down and advised to reapply as your condition has worsen since you were last assessed.

Medication can fluctuate, quite often Dr's do not know what drugs to give to patients as some drugs work on one patient but may have an adverse effect on another. This point you can argue.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid