× Members

UC50/WCA queries (What happens next)

More
11 months 1 week ago #284567 by PaleGreenGhost
UC50/WCA queries (What happens next) was created by PaleGreenGhost
Hello!

I've just sent my UC50 form in and I had a few questions.

Roughly how long does it take for the next step to occur and for someone to make a decision based on the information I gave?

How likely is it that I'll be asked to do a face to face assessment? Are you always asked to do an assessment (in-person/telephone/web cam) after you hand in your UC50 form?

If they decide that you aren't eligible for LCW/LCWRA but you disagree insisting that your disabilities prevent you from looking for work, what happens then? If you intend to appeal their decision, are you expected to look for work during that time and if you can't look for work does that mean you'll get kicked off UC and/or get no money in the meantime?

Hopefully someone has some insight into these questions, I'm sure they've been answered thousands of times before!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284580 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC50/WCA queries (What happens next)
Hi PaleGreenGhost

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

In answer to your question, I have no idea as it varies across the regions, it used to take 6 - 8 weeks from sending in your UC50 to getting an appointment for an assessment.

The majority of assessments nowadays are over the phone, we do hear on the forum where some members are given a face to face assessment, some have video assessments and a few have paper assessments.

If you get turned down for LCW/LCWRA, I would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation who will be able to explain what happens next.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 1 week ago #284599 by PaleGreenGhost
Replied by PaleGreenGhost on topic UC50/WCA queries (What happens next)
Hi Gary

Thank you, that's pretty much all I needed to know at this stage. I did look at the site FAQ and checked out info on lots of other websites but they don't seem to say if you continue to get any payments while you're disputing their decision or waiting for a tribunal hearing.

I'm not at that stage so it's not important that I find out now, I was more curious than anything.

Anyway, thanks again!

More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #284603 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic UC50/WCA queries (What happens next)
Hi PlaleGreenGhost

If you're interested you can find the information about payments if you appeal on pages 8 and 9 of the Guide: ESA and UC mandatory reconsiderations and appeals. It varies depending on what you're appealing against.

benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/esa

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by BIS.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.