× Members

esa work capability question

More
11 months 1 week ago #284771 by reds123
esa work capability question was created by reds123
hi mods, i am at present in support group so no need for any work focused interviews etc, but just asking if at next assessment i get took out of support group would it excuse me from work related interviews and stop me from being sanctioned if i claimed carers allowance as i provide regular and substantial care for my wife who along with me receives pip both mobility and daily living. we do not claim carers allowance at present as we are better off financially with sdp included in our claim. also would just being able to claim c/a ellement excuse me from work related activities or would i need to be actually in receipt of c/a. many thanks bb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284779 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic esa work capability question
Hi reds123

Interesting question, you do not need to claim carers allowance to be exempt from work related interviews, providing you are providing substantial care you will be exempt.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: reds123

More
11 months 6 days ago #284791 by reds123
Replied by reds123 on topic esa work capability question
thank you gary i hoped that was the case.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid