× Members

PIP query

More
11 months 1 day ago #284924 by A4H2009
PIP query was created by A4H2009
Can somebody pls help me as I don't understand what I've been reading lately about the DWP saying thousands of claimants may be owed backdated PIP from 2016 and it says to contact DWP to see if I'm owed anything but it doesn't say anywhere how to qualify for it. Says something about claimants may have been given the wrong award. I'm wondering if I'd qualify as when 1st award ad PIP I got enhanced rate for mobility and middle rate for care now on my review this year the DWP changed my award to enhanced on both, my conditions and health are exactly the same as 2016, so was I given wrong award in 2016 as they upgraded my care to enhanced so is it worth me contacting DWP and seeing if I should have been given high rate (enhanced) for both in 2016 because as I said my health is exactly the same now as it was then yet I got less money then. What should I do? Someone pls give me some advice
Thanks
Allen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 21 hours ago #284930 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP query
Hi A4H2009

You are talking about LEAP reviews, there are a number going on.

We cannot give you any advice one way or another as we do not know your situation. We would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk they will be able to take all your circumstances into account.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid