× Members

Will my bank account get flagged up?

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285247 by mumsgirl
Will my bank account get flagged up? was created by mumsgirl
Do you think I will get flagged up when they check for payments into bank accounts? I have 2 accounts, one where I get my benefits paid into and the other where I transfer a lump sum to pay my direct debits. So every month there's a lump sum of £400 going into the 2nd account (from my 1st acc). I like to have the 2 accounts so I can try and keep on top of how much I pay in DDs and how much I have left for groceries etc. It helps me keep track and be more organised. If it was all in the one account I worry I would spend too much on groceries and not have enough left for the Dds because the Dds all come out at different dates and it means I would have to go through all the transactions every month to see which ones have come off, and theres a lot of transactions because I have gotten into the habit of using contactless and online shopping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jennyfur74

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285248 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Will my bank account get flagged up?
Hi mumsgirl

Unless you have over £6,000.00 in savings then you have nothing to worry about. It is sensible to have two accounts just in case one account has an issue.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mumsgirl, Jennyfur74

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285266 by polz66
Replied by polz66 on topic Will my bank account get flagged up?
I do exactly the same as you. One account is for my bills and direct debits, the other is for my incoming benefits and my part time wages. I transfer (via standing order) enough to cover my bills so I know that what's left in my first account is all mine. I thought this was sensible, not suspicious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mumsgirl, Jennyfur74, Gary

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285269 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Will my bank account get flagged up?
Hi polz66

I would agree with you, there is nothing suspicious with having two bank accounts, I would call it prudent ;-)

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mumsgirl

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid