× Members

ESA and PIP link, payments stopping

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285329 by ChiBear
ESA and PIP link, payments stopping was created by ChiBear
Thank you in advance.

I have been in receipt of PIP Standard Care and Enhanced Mobility for several years and my PIP end date was summer next year. However, I received a message that I would need to have a PIP review.

The first form didn't come, so they posted a new one and gave an extension.

The second form came close the the first and I again needed an extension, but because of my I'll health. I have no help and live in an unserviced village, I'm mostly housebound and keeping appointments, e.g. to have help with the form is too hard.

My postman collected the form but it will have arrived late. I then got a message to say PIP was stopping. I called and a case manager spoke to me, said my reasons were valid and let's wait until next week to see if the form comes.

Meanwhile, my ESA (support group) was disrupted and an emergency payment sent through. The reason given was related to PIP.

I have today received a text asking me to call about my old style ESA. The automated message gave the next payment date and the amount was significantly less, which indicates that for whatever reason, they have suspended ESA.

I've had no letter about ESA and when I called, I waited 20 minutes and then got a 'network busy' message and cut off.

Is this is unlawful?
How can PIP and ESA be related, when they are different benefits?

I have moderate to severe ME, sciatica and mental illness. The past few months have been especially hard.

If you know of any reason why they have done this, or of any breaches, please let me know so I can be prepared.

There shouldn't be any sanctions and I can't think of anything other than the PIP date being surpassed and who knows how long the backlog is.

I am worried that they will force me onto UC where I'll lose about £40 a week as a single person unless they migrate me.

Lots of concerns.

Any help and useful advice is appreciated. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285334 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA and PIP link, payments stopping
Hi ChiBear

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Reading your post I would say that you are in receipt of IR ESA, if you are, when your PIP claim stops then your severe disability premium if you receive it will also stop.

If your PIP is re-instated then your SDP will also be re-instated to when PIP was re-instated.

I would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChiBear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid