× Members

Help to work out PIP award from first payment + timeline for those interested

More
9 months 1 week ago #285705 by Charlotte
Hi all,

Thanks to this site I had lots of advice for my application and have just had a text saying I have been awarded PIP. 🙌

I’m an impatient person and really want to know what they’ve awarded me… so I’ve tried the trick of phoning to find out what my next payment will be but it’s left me stumped.

Does the first payment from PIP always include the back-dated pay? How far back is it backdated/Is it backdated to the very first date you contact them?

Can anyone help me work out what the award might have been from the information below?

The automated phone line says I will be paid £556.40 on 22nd Dec.

29/08/23 - 1st contact with PIP to request claim form

25/09 - I submitted the form & evidence

25/10 - text received ‘A health professional is looking at your claim & will book an appointment if needed’

02/11 - unexpected 30 min phone call from IAS to see if they could get enough information to just do a paper based assessment. Too much info to go through so said a telephone assessment would be booked

03/11 - text with assessment date/time

17/11 - 90 min telephone assessment. Was advised 6-8 weeks for a decision

22/11 - text ‘we have received the assessors report’ called pip for a copy, they said it will be posted to me within 2 weeks.

28/11 - text ‘We have awarded you PIP. You will receive a decision letter within 2 weeks detailing the award’ (still not received the assessment report)

If anyone is able to work out what I might have been awarded I’d be very grateful!

Thanks,

Charlotte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #285723 by Chris
Hi Charlotte,

My backdated pay was paid before my first PIP payment, so I would imagine you will get that in your bank first. With the amount of £556.40 that you've quoted, this relates to 4 weeks at Daily Living Standard £68.10 x 4 = £272.40, and Mobility Enhanced £71.00 x 4 = £284.00, added togther is £556.40. This is your payment for 22nd December 2023. It's a little difficult to work out what the back dated lump sum will be, but I would imagine you'll know within a couple of weeks. The money tends to hit your bank, before you receive a letter in relation to the amount, so just keep checking online daily, and you'll see it soon enough.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

More
9 months 1 week ago #285729 by Charlotte
Wow that would be great if it’s what you said! Given all the horror stories I thought I might only get the standard mobility and nothing else.

I had assumed the back pay was in the first payment so thought maybe I’d just got standard mobility, but it will be fab if the back pay is separate.

Thanks Chris!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
9 months 1 week ago #285730 by Gary
Hi Charlotte

Patient is a virtue, only time will tell.

Quite often a payment will be paid into your bank account before you receive any letters from DWP explaining what you have been awarded and from when.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Charlotte

More
9 months 1 week ago #285744 by Chris
Hi Charlotte,

Gary is right in what he's said - It's always best to wait, as I could be wrong, but having gone through the figures, it seems too co-incidental for it not to be what I think it may relate too, but you can always let us know when you find out.

Kind regards, Chris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

More
9 months 6 days ago #285845 by Charlotte
update: I’ve just received the back pay which is £1788.42 (which happens to equal 90 days of standard daily living and enhanced mobility)

I’ve also received the copy of assessors report which recommended standard daily living and enhanced mobility for 2 years.

Looks like I’ve had a very good result this time - thank you to all the staff/volunteers who run this website and provide all the documents and support. I literally wouldn’t have got this result without this invaluable resource. Best £20 I’ve ever spent.

Charlotte
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Gary, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.