× Members

Guidance required

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285877 by Steve3961uk
Guidance required was created by Steve3961uk
Hello forum

Forgive me if posting in the wrong area.

Can someone advise me -

My partner lived recently with her mum but the mum has died now. The partner receives PIP and ESA. She still needs the care/support and will get it from other family/friends now. Does my partner need to contact the DWP to advise of this change.? Mother/partner were not receiving any carer money only the PIP/ESA. Partner s>>t scared to contact the DWP in case of reassessment etc.

Thank you. Steve

(Not sure how I get reply notification)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285882 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Guidance required
Hi Steve3961uk,

Your messages are sent to the moderators first to read, then be approved, then you usually get your answers at a similar time. I believe this is something you will need to inform the DWP of, as it is a change of circumstances in a way - personnel. The following link may help - as the mum has now died, reading this, it will technically mean that she's no longer a carer and that needs to be reported.

Sorry I couldn't offer further advice:-

www.gov.uk/carers-allowance-report-change

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285889 by dancer22
Replied by dancer22 on topic Guidance required
Chris - that link only applies if 'Mum' was getting carers allowance. Steve has stated no one was getting carers allowance. If nothing else has changed as a result of the death e.g. address or inheritance, then shift of unpaid carer from 'A' to 'B' isn't on the list of things we have to tell DWP about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, BIS

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285892 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Guidance required
Hi Steve3961uk

If the mum was not included in the ESA claim - and she just provided unpaid assistance, there is nothing to tell the DWP about.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid