× Members

And here it starts.....

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285918 by Chris
And here it starts..... was created by Chris
Hi All,

Not sure what areas this relates too, but I've had a message from the job centre wanting me to sign up to a 24 month training course, despite being in the LCW group. I've also looked into Pioneer and it states LCWRA people are eligible for this too. I'm terrified because it mentions groups of people, but no location. I suffer social and travel anxiety, and chronic pain and mental health issues to name a few. So, if this is starting now, I thought I'd best pre-warn people in case they start receiving messages along this nature also. It couldn't have come at a worse time when I'm back and forwards to the Doctors and the Hospital for various tests.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285921 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic And here it starts.....
Chris

Is it a mandated activity?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285922 by denby
Replied by denby on topic And here it starts.....
Just sending a hug...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285935 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic And here it starts.....
Hi Gordon,

As in mandatory do you mean ? It's more a journal message about some course Pioneer to learn skills, update CV, earn a wage etc....all that type of stuff on it. Don't know if that helps ?

Regards, Chris

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285942 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic And here it starts.....
Chris

If the activity is defined as mandatory then you have to do it or risk being sanctioned for not doing so.

If it is not mandatory then you are not required to undertake it and sanctions cannot be applied.

Gordon

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285948 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic And here it starts.....
Hi Gordon,

Thank you - I know the meaning of Mandatory, it was the word you used Mandated that I was asking what you meant ? It doesn't say it's mandatory, but it is encouraging people to act upon it. I've messaged back mentioning my issues, that I can't travel because of anxiety and the same with being in large groups of people, and if that means I'm going to have to be penalised for an illness, then so be it. I am yet to receive a response. If people are too ill to do something, and have had decades of therapy and cbd, and councilling etc for it, and it hasn't worked, then I can't see how they can force someone into something they can't physically or mentally handle. I genuinely feel it for the job centre staff having to deal with such issues.

Cheers Gordon, Chris.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.