× Members

Renewal

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286685 by Dorislou
Renewal was created by Dorislou
Hi there, were appointees for our adult son , we had his first successful pip claim , now it's renewal time . My son has now been diagnosed with ADHD,comorbid social anxiety and secondary avoidance. Do I not put that on the renewal ? I don't want to trigger a whole new claim , also do I just put no change but echo why (support what we put on our initial claim form?) Many thanks 😃

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286710 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Renewal
Hi Dorislou

Please have a look at the Guide to PIP claims and Reviews. The review information is from page 128. We don't advise that you put "no change" and the reasons for this are explained. In the case of your son, with the additional diagnosis, it does not sound as if you can say that there is 'no change'.

When someone has a new diagnosis, it does not trigger a whole new claim - it simply adds information to their current claim.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 2 days ago #287207 by Dorislou
Replied by Dorislou on topic Renewal
Thank you , there actually is no change as it's all part of how it effects his day to day life , he's always had it ,we've just had it confirmed . He's autistic and now ADHD , things haven't changed because of this ,we just have clarification,sadly this doesn't change my son's life only confirms what he has , he was born with it so as regards to the effects, theres been no change as autism and ADHD go hand in hand for alot of people as they have overlapping traits. Thank you for getting back to me 😊
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid