• Topic Author
More
8 months 5 days ago #287123 by headabovethewater
universal credit - migration notice was created by headabovethewater
Any advice greatly received please..
I'm fairly new in esa support group
Pip , but having just done notified ar1 change am challenging award so Mr
And tax credits with husband
We've just received the dreaded universal credit migration letter with a notice to do it by April.
We've never been on universal credit so it's all new to me. Will it affect my esa / pip ? Does it mean more interviews?
Can I protect the small amount of tax credits we get monthly, I'm unsure and really don't want to mess it up by doing something wrong. I thought getting through esa and pip was bad enough, now I have pip mr and this 😕

Thank you for any advice or others experience/wisdom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 4 days ago #287150 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic universal credit - migration notice
Hi headabovethewater

We do not have all the relevant information to give you an accurate answer, I assume when you say that you are fairly new in ESA support group that you are in receipt of NS ESA, which is a CB benefit. If I am correct then your ESA will not be affected nor will be your PIP be affected. If you apply for UC then NS ESA will be taken into account £ for £.

UC migration affects means tested benefits such as Tax credits, HB, IR ESA, IR JSA.

I would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 4 days ago #287187 by headabovethewater
Replied by headabovethewater on topic universal credit - migration notice
Thank you for your advice, apologies I don't really understand all the terms. I think it is called new style esa - so that would be the ns esa? I don't get what the cb means? If the uc is £ for £ would that seem to suggest I probably won't end up with any 🤔

More
8 months 2 days ago #287224 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic universal credit - migration notice
Hi H.A.T.W,

Could CB be child benefit ?

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 day ago #287242 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic universal credit - migration notice
Chris

CB stands for Contribution Based, it means it is based on the claimant's NI Contribution history, CB benefits are not means tested, however, pension income can be deducted.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: headabovethewater, Chris

More
8 months 1 day ago #287257 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic universal credit - migration notice
Cheers Gordon - No wonder it takes people years to figure all this stuff out, it's so in depth!

Chris.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid