× Members

New help for people off sick

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #287126 by Preferanon
New help for people off sick was created by Preferanon
There's a possibly new rollout of 'help' for those on long-term sick in the way of discussion about health conditions, with a view to getting claimants back into work. I believe this is for all - PIP, WCA and UC. I don't know exactly what the format is but it's likely to be from medically untrained 'advisors' who's job it is to mine extra information and try to find new angles where assessments and appeals have gone in the claimant's favour. I'd like some discussion on this worrying development. What are our legal obligations and protection here?
The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #287153 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic New help for people off sick
Hi Preferanon

I would advise you to sign up to B&W newsletter if you have not already done so.

The newsletter will keep you up to date with any changes.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Preferanon

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #287180 by UB40 Rumrunner
Replied by UB40 Rumrunner on topic New help for people off sick
Despite their known cutbacks/lack of staff, this hasn't stopped them recruiting the many needed to deal with intricate medical health and yet! DWP feel they have the cure for all ills. I predict a nightmare their making.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #287450 by Preferanon
Replied by Preferanon on topic New help for people off sick
My thoughts entirely! Putting all their effort into trying to nitpick and find fault, and then having to deal with all the MRs and appeals will most probably result in a net LOSS. I think we should be looking to protect ourselves legally against more 'nurses' and temps clicking through flow-charts to try and 'diagnose' a point and be able to offer a 'solution' or 'help'. I've heard it's not mandatory right now to sign up. No doubt part of that 'help' will be a placement in a job we're totally medically unfit to do and which will only exacerbate our conditions. I'd like to get the name of this new scheme(s) if anyone knows what it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Dog Mother

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #287451 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic New help for people off sick
Morning Preferanon,

Is it possible that you're referring to Universal Support ?

www.gov.uk/government/news/25-000-people...ersal-support-scheme

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Dog Mother, Preferanon

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #287455 by sandra
Replied by sandra on topic New help for people off sick
What i s worrying is that our government is is copying the USA regarding payment of disability payments the same as they did regarding payments of unemployment packages now wrapped up as Universal credit , in the USA ANY work at all means disability claims are rejected completely and so th e governments attempt to lure people back into any sort of work will result into a new style disability assessement possibly into a sanction based idea like UC ,please read for yourselves on the USA website for disability payments and be ready for a fight .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preferanon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.