× Members

Lapsed Appeal

More
8 months 1 day ago #287267 by McMaddie
Lapsed Appeal was created by McMaddie
Hi

Further to my previous messages my friend received a phone call from DWP today with an offer to restore her former levels of benefit with back-pay and a promise of no review for 10 years. She accepted this offer. She asked the DWP person why they were making the offer and they said that in light of further evidence received they realised a mistake had been made. The point is this, her advocate from the CAB told her not to send anything in whereas I told her to send it (based on your advice), he then wouldn't help her further so I stepped in. In my opinion, humble as it is, DO send in anything that you feel will help you, it helped my friend avoid a much feared tribunal. Thank you all for your help and comments.

Kind regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, ivyfox, Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 23 hours ago #287269 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Lapsed Appeal
Hi McMaddie

That is such good news! What a relief for your friend. And what a good friend you have been to support her through this. Congratulations to you both. Glad you found the advice from here useful.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: McMaddie

More
8 months 19 hours ago #287292 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Lapsed Appeal
Good news indeed, well done.

Regrettably this is further warning that some advice agencies cannot be relied on. I've got another two people signed up for B&W. One is relative to an autistic teenager due to go from DLA to PIP, and says it is the most wonderful resource for doing the transition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid