× Members

Missed DWP phone call.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287890 by Dlm791
Missed DWP phone call. was created by Dlm791
Hi all,

I've just missed a telephone call from DWP regarding my PIP appeal so I got a text message to say it was them, they say they will ring again tomorrow. Does anyone know what it will be for? My anxiety is creeping up and I'd like to be prepared.

Thanks, Donna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287909 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Missed DWP phone call.
Hi Dim791

It could be a number of things.

DWP have been know to contact claimants to make an offer, which you do not need to accept if you believe you should get the enhanced award based on your evidence.

I do know claimants who will accept whatever they are offered just so that they do not have to attend.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 week ago #287954 by Dlm791
Replied by Dlm791 on topic Missed DWP phone call.
Hi,

Just an update - DWP called today as the text said they would, it was to gain further evidence before the tribunal if I had any more to send, I did so I asked if she could see the photos I'd sent to the courts, she said no and asked me to try to send them online.

She also asked a few questions about my mobility and she said she wasn't bothered about them after talking for a bit because it was obvious that I have walking difficulties, she just wanted to see the hand photos when she said she was putting a 2 week extension on the appeal, I said do you have to because it's really affecting my anxiety.

She said she might call me again or send a text when she has had a look at the photos and will check the system every day to see if they've come through.

Feeling hopeful,
Donna.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287961 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Missed DWP phone call.
Hi Dlm791

Let's hope that she comes back to you quickly. Good on you for saying you didn't want the extension because of how its affecting your mental health.

I hope you hear soon.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dlm791

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.