× Members

I have filled the UC50 FORM INCORRECTLY

More
2 months 5 days ago #288162 by KATH
HI any advice would be appreciated to stop me stressing. Im very grateful of this site and it has proven very useful to me, however I had already filled in my UC50 form before finding this site and now after reading just how important it was I feel in despair. This is the first time we have had to ever claim I have been a stay at home mam for 30 years nearly and he has worked self employed all his working life. Unfortunately my husband was born with muscular dystrophy which is a muscle wasting disease , the type he has is slow progression but the last five years he is not been managing meaning a decrease in his work , less money coming in etc. He is in more pain on a daily basis and been on some very strong controlled drugs for the past twenty years. His mother had the same condition as it is hereditary and was in a wheel chair at 60 my husband is 57. So we reached out for a helping hand with Universal Credit and this is where we are at!
I was diagnosed in my 20s with panic disorder and agrophobia something that I manage but live a very restricted life . I am a carer for my daughter who has autism she has night time and daytime care needs . The Universal credit want me to go to work now and sent me these forms UC50. When they arrived I just couldn't fill it in it caused me so much stress and I can't even remember filling most of it , what I said , I remember just bullet pointing everything .
Now I have found your site I realised how important this is and I have took time to write diary accounts some I already had because I kept journals and how things effct me . I have Dr Backup too. I have a video appointment on the 29th of this month I have loads more information that I never used on the form can I use this information in the video appointment does anyone know , basically ca I tell them about how my condition effects me my life giving true accounts. ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 days ago #288173 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I have filled the UC50 FORM INCORRECTLY
K

A significant portion of the assessor's recommendation is going to come from the assessment itself, so my recommendation is to prepare for this in advance.

There is a list of questions you are likely to be asked in the UC/ESA Claim guide, from these, work backwards to your limitations so you can frame an answer.

Write your answer down and see whether you can frame it better and to make sure it covers your problems.

You are not trying to remember the answer you can provide it verbatim but rather you are trying to understand what is being asked and what is a suitable answer, as an analogy, think of muscle memory, where you do a task repetitively so you no longer need to think about how to do it.

When you choose your answer, remember you are being assessed against a set of legally defined criteria, so always try to frame it in those terms.

I hope this helps.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KATH

More
2 months 4 days ago #288207 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic I have filled the UC50 FORM INCORRECTLY
Do you claim DLA/PIP for your child? if so you would be entitled to the Carers element which would leave you without a work commitment.

More
2 months 4 days ago #288217 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I have filled the UC50 FORM INCORRECTLY
D

Child???

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 4 days ago #288224 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic I have filled the UC50 FORM INCORRECTLY
Sorry Gordon OP says she is carer for her daughter so believed that as carer if daughter receives DLA/PIP OP would be entitled to Carer's element which would remove work committments or am I mistaken?

More
2 months 4 days ago #288226 by denby
Replied by denby on topic I have filled the UC50 FORM INCORRECTLY
Topic author Kath said
"I am a carer for my daughter who has autism she has night time and daytime care needs ."
No need to put this up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.