× Members

Universal Credit Transitional Protection buying a house

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288353 by leeemerick
Hello,

I recently transitioned to Universal Credit and get Transitional Protection. I have savings over the £16k threshold so will loose UC entitlement after 12 months.

I'm in the process of buying a house. My savings were and are intended to be used to fund the deposit.

After the purchase my savings will be less than £6,000.

I would like to ask:
A) Will I loose my transitional protection?
and
B) Will I then be entitled to Universal Credit as my savings will be below the threshold?

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288393 by Gary
Hi leeemerick

We cannot answer your question as we do not have all the facts.

Claimants loose all or some of their transitional protection when they have a change of circumstances.

We would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation, where they can take all your circumstances into consideration; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.