× Members

PIP telephone review appointment- no call received.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288478 by kat50
I had been sent a letter with a telephone assessment for my review (I sent my form in 1 year ago) today.
Yesterday I got a courtesy call, confirming the appointment and the name of the assessor.
I waited half an hour over my appointment time today, then called IAS to say the assessor hadn’t rung me.
She said she had no idea why, there was nothing on the system and has made me another appointment for two weeks time.
Is that enough to prove it was not my fault the assessment did not take place, or should I follow it up with a letter to them confirming what happened?

I don’t really understand why I am having this assessment, about 3 months after I sent my form in I received a call out of the blue, the lady asked me some questions to clarify a few things, then said she would write the report and I would get a letter. I did get her name.
I never heard anymore.

In the meantime we had a family death and I couldn’t focus on anything.

Should I be contacting them now, to ask what’s going on?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288495 by Gordon
k

I always recommend a belt and braces approach to this issue, contact the DWP and make them aware that the assessment did not take place and why.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288528 by kat50
A letter or phone call Gordon?

Thank you.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288542 by Gordon
k

A phone call should be sufficient.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.