× Members

First ESA Reassessment since 2017

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288508 by dieselglider
First ESA Reassessment since 2017 was created by dieselglider
It has been a few years since I've had to deal with form filling, and this site has been a godsend before, thank you all very much.

My wife has been in ESA Support group since change over from IB, with last form completed in 2017. She's now received an ESA50 (NI) form to fill in. Is this the normal form for being reassessed?

As an aside, having checked the online assessment, I reckon she should score at least 30 points (nothing has really changed), so is she likely to have to endure a face to face?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288519 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic First ESA Reassessment since 2017
d

Yes, this is the normal form.

Remember, SG awards are made because the claimant meets one or more of the associated Descriptors not because they have scored points, however, that might be. See our ESA/UC Claim guide for more details.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dieselglider

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288522 by dieselglider
Replied by dieselglider on topic First ESA Reassessment since 2017
Thanks Gordon.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288535 by den1mon
Replied by den1mon on topic First ESA Reassessment since 2017
Hi
I was reassessed last year after having been in esa cb support group since 2016
I had a telelephone assessment that lasted about an hour and a half with IAS.
To be be honest it was extremely thorough and fair.
It was obvious the assessor had read my application form, supporting evidence and even made reference to my original claim form details.
I had a text the same day stating the report had been sent to the dwp.
I rang and requested a copy which I received promptly and then I received the decision aftet about two weeks saying I am in the cb support group.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.