× Members

is any part of my esa income related/

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288848 by freefee
is any part of my esa income related/ was created by freefee
sorry i piggy backed on to a similar thread, didn;t know you were not supposed to do this, apologies,
copied and pasted post

hi, i also had this leaflet, i get esa and pip the letter says your income related amount is £z less £x (half of pension above £85) so you would have been entitled to £x income related,
however because you are entitled to contribution based esa we will pay you £same amount
the amounts on this page apply from 12 april to 28 november 2024, it mentions income related but says i get contribution based, so does the same apply to me?
many thanks
it also says at the top your living expenses £90.50
limited capability for work addition
extra money because you are in the support group £47.70
which gives a total income related amount £138.20, this is above the first figures i gave you, i just assumed they give you the income related amount and say your not getting that because you are in the contribution based support group at the bottom, if you can explain this to me i would be grateful,
thanks again,

the income related payment is exactly the same as the contribution based esa which i get, not higher or lower but exactly the same, just wanted to know if the added payment of £47.70 is classed as income related or contribution based, don;t want to get in to any trouble for not reporting any changes, benn on benefits over 20 years, still don.t fully understand it all, and would i be on legacy or new style esa? i was last assessed in 2019
many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288851 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic is any part of my esa income related/
Hi freefee

By the sound of your post you are receiving both CB ESA with a top up of IR ESA, We would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to check out your letter and advise you accordingly.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288869 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic is any part of my esa income related/
phoned DWP today, Saturday 8/3/24, they answered, can recommend it as someone answered after about 2 minutes, was told all payments are correct, including the £44.70 limited capability for work addition, you get it even if you are contribution based, i am on legacy benefit with no prospect of being moved to new style, said she would send letter of entitlement out to confirm payments, big worry off my mind, this would have gone back years if it was a mistake, only have to inform them of pension increase financially anyway, i hope this helps others, many thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288872 by Hazel
Replied by Hazel on topic is any part of my esa income related/
That does sound the same as my letter - so I was wondering the same thing. Is part of it income based - and that's why they've put in the leaflet about telling us about anything to do with savings etc.

It sounds like we need to go to citizens advice and get them to decipher it. I might actually phone whoever sent the letter and ask them to clarify.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289024 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic is any part of my esa income related/
I ALSO ASKED ABOUT THE LEAFLET, DON'T RECALL GETTING ONE BEFORE, SHE SAID IT WAS PROBABLY PUT IN LETTER BY MISTAKE AND TO IGNORE IT, SAID THE COMPUTER SYSTEM WAS 50 YEARS OLD AND NOT CAPABLE OF SENDING A LETTER IN PLAIN ENGLISH, HENCE THE LETTER OF ENTITLEMENT, HOPEFULY THE ADVICE SHE HAS GIVEN ME IS CORRECT, CHECKED MY BANK ACCOUNT TO SEE CHANGE FROM INCAPACITY BENEFIT AT END OF 2011, THE PAYMENT OF BOTH BENEFITS WAS EXACTLY THE SAME UP UNTIL THE APRIL UPLIFT, IF SHE HAS GIVEN ME DUFF INFORMATION, I GUESS I AM FECKED, HOPEFULY SHE IS CORRECT, I KNOW THEY MAKE MISTAKES, HOPEFULY NOT ON THIS OCCAASION, SHE SAID THEY WERE DOING SO MUCH STUFF CONCERNING UNIVERSAL CREDIT, MAYBE THIS IS THE REASON FOR ERROR, FINGERS CROSSED, THANKS AND GOOD LUCK

More
1 month 1 week ago #289029 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic is any part of my esa income related/
Hi Freefee

Thank you for your post.

When members use capital letters throughout their post, it makes it hard reading.

Hope everything goes ok for you.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.