• Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 month 1 week ago #289032 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic Anyone Complained Re Capita Assessment
MDBond, Den1mon, Bud, Wendy

Many thanks for all of your replies.

I will look up the posts mentioned, just to clarify;

Made the complaint to Capita already - they ignored it for 4 days, I escalated it, they got in touch to apologise and acknowledge the complaint quoting what their understanding of my Complaint was - all sounded a bit ambiguous to me, so - I replied with a rather more in depth listing of reasons for complaint - they ignored my email - I escalated it - yesterday had an email back apologising again and confirming that everything I had included in my correspondence would be looked at and considered.

Had a letter from the DWP dated 8th March saying that they had everything they needed ......... which is odd because yesterday I was told that my daughters file was still in a queue to be looked at - so not sure now whether someone is looking at it or that it's a standard letter that goes out once they receive the PA4?

Anyway, after reading all of the negative posts re ADHD/Autism/Dyspraxia and the like and all of the zero scores I started the MR early - in readiness for when the decision hits the doormat. I have completed the document challenging the descriptor scores - that was relatively simple - most of it just lists the evidence that was totally ignored by the assessor. One of my daughters work colleagues has been kind enough to offer to write a statement confirming all of the extra help she gets at work .

Just a thought - can I write a statement/a day in the life of her carer? Wasn't sure that I could, being her Appointee anyway?

Her brother is also writing a statement - it's cringeworthy accurate, as only a brother could be - He's a headmaster in a special needs school, but to read the statement all I can see is the 15 year old that she used to scare the wits out of whenever she lost it!

Anyhow, can't do anything more at this stage, it's all just prepping for the worst - thank you for the continued support :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sheila 966
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 month 1 week ago #289034 by Sheila 966
Already posted a blanket reply below, but FYI, I sent the whole complaint papertrail to the DWP as 'copy for their attention' - It was a Case Worker at the DWP that told me to lodge the complaint, in her words "as it would be flagged up as odd that a claimant of 25 years with enhanced/enhanced should be dropped to zero points across the board" - hoping that she wasn't just playing lip service but you never know! I just cannot understand how the assessors get away with blatantly ignoring evidence ?
One of the more easily understandable Psychologists reports I submitted was completed as a diagnosis - but was written in part to support my daughter in assisted learning at college - the assessor took the 4 A4 sheets explaining my daughters cognitive problems in detail and condensed it into, "gets 25mins extra time for every 30 minutes examination time and a writer" She totally ignored the rest about why - extreme difficulties with processing information, both verbal and visual and how it must be terribly frustrating, that she has the intelligence to answer, but it's locked in! (what sort of human being can this woman be?)

• Sheila 966
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 month 1 week ago #289035 by Sheila 966
Not had the decision yet - already working on the MR, but if there is any way I can get this woman's, (assessor), work reviewed, I will! If only to get her performance looked at and prevent her from doing the same to someone who is not able to fight back.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289053 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Anyone Complained Re Capita Assessment
Hi Sheila 966

You absolutely can include a statement when you do your MR with a day in the life of a carer. It's a really good idea. I know people worry that they will ignore anything from relatives - and of course, sometimes they do, but I have also seen those extra letters and statements make all the difference. In your statement, link each paragraph back to the specific PIP criteria. It makes it easier for the reader to get your points. You only need to put something like (Q14 f1)

I'm glad your son is also writing a statement.

It never ceases to amaze me how many assessors think they have more understanding of the diagnoses, symptoms, and treatments of PIP claimants than a consultant with many years of experience in their speciality. In a hospital setting, they would never dare take a patient's notes and say that all the doctors and consultants had been wrong over the 25 years the patient had needed treatment - but in the PIP environment, arrogance, wilful ignorance and power take over some of the assessors and they truly believe they know best and are happy to rubbish evidence and overturn advice from the medical professionals that have actually treated the patient.

I hope that you do get this resolved in a satisfactory manner.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo

More
1 month 1 week ago #289072 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic Anyone Complained Re Capita Assessment
I received a similar letter after my son's assessment in September. They made their decision about a fortnight later. The letters both took about a week to ten days to arrive. Glad you've begun your M/R but let's hope it won't be needed.

• Sheila 966
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 month 1 week ago #289074 by Sheila 966
Many thanks BIS, I seem to be drowning in evidence that shows that the Assessor was 'having a bad day'

Hopefully the Case worker will not be a lazy *** who rubber stamps the assessors report without referring to the submitted evidence - fingers crossed! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.