× Members

ADP question

More
1 month 1 week ago #289097 by Musicman01
ADP question was created by Musicman01
Hi all. I have at the moment standard daily living on ADP. I received 10 point for this. I now have been issued with hearing aids due to hearing loss and tinnitus. Someone said because I use an aid for hearing. I would be awarded 2 points on the communication descriptor and that would give 12 points and high rate daily living. Should I put this through as a change of circumstances?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289123 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ADP question
Hi Musicman01

Only you can answer your question.

Before you report a Change you should be certain that you would reasonably qualify for a higher award, not all deterioration or even new conditions will result in your scoring the points you need for a higher award. See our PIP Claims guide; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip for the criteria that you will need to make. Remember that you have to have the condition 3 months before you report a change and ongoing for 9 months +

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Musicman01

More
1 month 1 week ago #289129 by AshleyMcab
Replied by AshleyMcab on topic ADP question
Just a reminder that eventually all PIP claims will be transferred by end 2025 so might be worth doing it now for potential higher award.

At moment focus is on transferring PIP claims that are cing up for review or a change of circumstance reported
The following user(s) said Thank You: Musicman01

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.