× Members

Single woman with full state pension enquiry about pension credit ?

More
1 month 1 day ago #289487 by Zoob
Please forgive me if this question has been previously answered,

I am a single woman I live alone ,I am forecast to receive a full state pension, I will not receive
a private pension.

I currently receive PIP enhanced rate for mobility & care i also receive esa with SDP in the support group..

Will I be entitled to any pension credit when I receive my full state pension? If my PIP award remains the same,

My full state pension is due approximately 2 years before my Pip review date, would I need to re apply for PIP before my pension date ?
can my existing pip award be left in place When I start to receive my state pension.?
Thank you for your time .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #289490 by Gary
Hi Zoob

We get asked this question quite often and I also frequently come across claimants who should but have not claimed Guarantee Pension Credits. I will try and answer your question.

1) Your ESA will stop one day before you reach state pension age.
2) You should receive a letter from the pension service 3 months before you reach state pension age inviting you to apply for your state pension, you will be asked for your Gateway number and they will send you a pin number to enter.
3) As long as no one receives carers allowance for you then you should be eligible to claim GPC, Your allowance would be single GPC £201.05 + single SDP £76.40 = £277.45 - sp £203.85 = £ 73.60 pw. As GPC is a qualifying benefit you would also be entitled to other benefits depending on you circumstances. You can apply for GPC 3 months before your state pension age.
4) No, your PIP will continue after you receive your state pension

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #289662 by Zoob
Thank you for answering my question Gary .
Please would you be able to answer another for me ? Or must I start a new topic ?
Here goes anyway .
I live in perpetual fear of another WCA before my retirement age (i am 64 this year )
I assuming I did have a WCA & was then deemed fit for work losing my SDP support group status etc.
Would I then only be entitled to state mention & my pip at enchanted both care & mobility when I retire ?
Once again I apologise for my ignorance in this matter I can not understand it at all.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #289668 by Gordon
Z

Your PIP award and the State Pension are independent benefits from your ESA and would not be affected if your ESA is stopped.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #289781 by Zoob
Once again I am failing completely to ask you the relevant question & once again I apologise & thank you in advance for your continued patience & understanding
My medication makes it hard for me to make myself clearly understood.

My question regards Pension Credit
1- If I retire with a full a state pension .
2-also with enhanced rate PIP care & mobility.
3- will I be eligible to claim any pension credit ?
Really grateful for your help as always ,thank you Zoob.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #289789 by Gordon
Z

You should be able to claim Pension Credit, your circumstances (as posted) would suggest that a Severe Disability component should be added to the basic rate and this should then mean that the PC payable exceeds your pension.

If you scroll down the following page there is a PC calculator.

www.gov.uk/pension-credit/what-youll-get

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.