× Members

Advice when asking for a reconsideration of PIP mobility

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289577 by Lynz
Hi I'm currently receiving enhanced daily living and standard mobility I was 2 points short of getting enhanced for both. My main concern are all mentally health issues I have been diagnosed with PTSD after long term abuse as a child and then as an adult sexual and violent abuse, two years ago i had to secretly flee my home and I left with nothing other than the clothes i stood in. With the support of my friends I eventually got a flatcand by claiming various benefits and grants put a home together I'm sorry this is so long but I hope it helps you to understand why I need that enhanced rate I'm still living in secret and never go out alone but slowly my friends are encouraging me to go out now and then, Can you give me any advice as to how to go about asking for my reconsideration, I have letters from the counselling I've been having and a letter from the Freedom Project, my friend is writing this for me i find ut all too stressful. I hope you can offer some advice ..Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289596 by Gary
Hi Lynz

You can notify the DWP of a Change of Circumstances by phone or by letter. This will trigger a new claim for PIP, and you will be sent a PIP2, which is the big form which I am sure you are familiar with. Any awards from your new claim will be back dated to when you notified DWP of a Change of Circumstances.

It would be remiss of me not to point out that the new assessment could find that you are awarded a lower award than you are currently receiving. Only you can be the judge of whether or not that is a risk worth taking. Do have a look at our PIP guides to help you make this decision; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Lynz

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289600 by Gordon
L

There is help for requesting an MR in the PIP section, follow the Guides link at the top of the page, scroll down to the Appeals section.

What did you score the ten points for?

Make sure you understand the criteria to score the two points you need, it is particularly complicated for the Going Out activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.