× Members

PIP review

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #289616 by dawsden
PIP review was created by dawsden
Hi
My PIP award (enhanced for both mobility & daily living) runs out in May 2024. I was sent a review form which I completed & returned last October. I had a confirmation text saying that I will continue to receive PIP until my review is processed. I have not received anything since. Is this normal?

Thank you in advance
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #289624 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP review
Hi Dawsden

I'm afraid it is normal. They are still working through a backlog. Glad you have had confirmation that you will continue to be paid until your review is completed.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , C

More
4 weeks 20 hours ago #289643 by dawsden
Replied by dawsden on topic PIP review
Thank you for your reply
Do you know if I retain my mobility car until they have processed my review or will I need to return on my end date? I've not had a M car before so really worried

Thank you in advance

More
4 weeks 19 hours ago #289645 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP review
Hi dawsden,

I've approved your post, and maybes a claimant who has experienced this can help you with some advice, but online I found the following. Hope it helps answer some of your question.

If you stop receiving an eligible allowance Contact our customer services team. We'll write to you to let you know your lease is ending and we'll help you give your vehicle back. You might be eligible for a support package if you have not been awarded PIP after a DLA to PIP reassessment.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 16 hours ago #289651 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review
d

Your PIP award should be extended 30 days before the current End Date so it will depend on the end date of your car contract, if they coincide then you can approach Motability for an extension otherwise, you should not have a problem with continuing to use the car.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.