× Members

pip phone appointment

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #290812 by riversong
pip phone appointment was created by riversong
hi
I have a telephone appointment for pip shortly, i am feeling anxious about it and get confused easily,i was wondering will my carer be able to tal;k on my behalf when i start struggling during a long conversation,
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #290817 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic pip phone appointment
Hi Riversong,
Unless your carer is also your appointee they have no absolute right to speak on your behalf. Assessors vary as to how much they are willing to let someone else speak, and it will also clearly depend on how much the assessor is aware that you are struggling.
They should give you an opportunity at the end of the assessment to tell them anything additional. This could be the opportunity for your carer to ask you a question, giving you the opportunity to give a simple answer - then it is still you giving the evidence, but they are prompting you.
I would strongly recommend that you make a recording of your assessment so that you will have evidence of whatever you need to have evidence.
Oh - and remember you are entitiled to ask for a break(s) if you need it (them). This is where your carer can certainly help by interupting the assessment and saying that they can see that you need one.
Hoping that the whole thing is nothing like as bad as you fear,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #290832 by riversong
Replied by riversong on topic pip phone appointment
thank you for your advice, it is most helpful, would i need to tell the assrssor that i am going to record our conversation.on a moble phone

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #290839 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic pip phone appointment
Hi riversong

You can legally record a telephone call without informing the other party providing the recording is being made for your personal use. In fact, do not tell the assessor that they are being recorded as they will likely terminate the assessment.

If you are using a smartphone then there are apps that will do this for you.

If you are using a landline and can put the call on speakerphone then you can record it using either a smartphone or some other recording device,

If it's a landline but you cannot put it on speakerphone then you will need a special microphone that attaches to the earpiece.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversong

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #290859 by River
Replied by River on topic pip phone appointment
This must vary - I rang up before my PIP phone appointment to ask it to be recorded their end. I was told it wasn't an appointment time where this was possible (for some reason I didn't understand) but I could record it myself if I told the assessor at the beginning of the call. I did this and it was fine. As I was taking the call on speaker phone on my mobile, so it was hard to record from the phone, I recorded it using an app on my laptop.

I didn't realise there was a risk the call would be terminated - happily it wasn't in my case.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.