× Members

Pip renewal

More
1 week 3 days ago #291153 by Dinky1
Pip renewal was created by Dinky1
Hi
I’m new my husband has mental health issues and the treatment isn’t working that the psychiatrist is doing due to the fact that it has been left untreated for 30 years
He has claimed pip since 2018 and always sent a letter with the renewal from the mental team the treatment is stopping due to it not working can his renewal be sent in without any supporting evidence but they do have letters previously sent in as he can’t stay in the system permanently
Hope it makes sense
Many thanks
Dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #291159 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip renewal
D

Welcome to the forum.

I would send copies of the previous letters, they may still have copies but they won't necessarily be attached to your current review file.

Do any of them mention a prognosis, can you show that it is reasonable to assume that his problems have not improved since his claim was last looked at?

Even though it is a review don't forget to explain how significant his problems are, make it clear so that those assessing him do not have to make assumptions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 3 days ago #291166 by Dinky1
Replied by Dinky1 on topic Pip renewal
First time in 30 years they have diagnosed CPTSD with claustrophobia , agoraphobia severe anxiety and panic attacks
As my husband said to me mental health didn’t excist 30 years ago .
We have also got a drs appointment Monday as he can’t finish a conversation due to his anxiety I have to second guess what he is going to say and take over
Thanks Gordon

More
1 week 3 days ago #291167 by Dinky1
Replied by Dinky1 on topic Pip renewal
Sorry Gordon I read it wrong
Prognosis we are going to the drs Monday to explain that emdr hasn’t worked and his tabs have now increased to max dose due too trying this treatment it’s turned him upside down and making him more unstable the gentlemen he his seeing at the mental health team said that emdr isn’t working and would try CBT in between his sessions but this too isn’t working so next week when Chris has his appointment with the mental health team I’m going into his appointment and we are ceasing the treatment on the basis of Chris’s mental well-being and now not working
Any thoughts

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris