× Members

Would paying missing years of NI be deprivation of capital

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291188 by bertmerries
Hello, I was awarded back payment of pip after leap review it was over 5000, would it be deprivation of capital according to UC when I transfer if I have paid for my wife's missing years thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291202 by Gordon
bm

If the username that appears to the left of your post is your real name then you should consider changing it. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

I cannot give you a definitive answer but I would not expect this to be an issue. Consider writing the DWP and raising the question, if nothing else this will show that you are being open about the transaction.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291213 by bertmerries
Thank you Gordon, (its not my real name shown thank you for the kind alert) just to say what I meant was I am Currently receiving IR ESA as well as Pip, I was advised that with managed migration, with no break in claim, the error of law back payment would remain disregarded capital , however when I transfer to uc is there any way paying NI missing contributions for my wife could be seen as deprivation of capital ? after all in the long run it means my wife won't have to claim benefits for not having full NI years?

Thank you

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291214 by bertmerries
hello test

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291216 by Gordon
bm

You don't need to make multiple posts, all new posts go into a holding area until they are moved into the forum by a Moderator.

As to making late NI Contributions, have a look at the following

www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/volunt...nsion%20More%20items

www.gov.uk/voluntary-national-insurance-contributions/deadlines

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid