× Members

ESA/UC

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291283 by KABTT
Replied by KABTT on topic ESA/UC
Same happened to me, it's been a very stressful 6 months since my partner qualified for SP & I was moved to UC. I too had to attend JC work coach meetings, I found myself in an odd situation where my ID was checked by a SA job coach thinking it was a fraudulent passport!! I've never used it to fly anywhere, just for ID purposes in the UK. I sat there for 45 mins wondering what was going on as she phoned a gov legal dept. It was humiliating and unnecessary.

It may take a few months to get your UC claim established. Keep all your medical info in a file when you go to the DWP/JC, show the Job coach. There are guides here so go for the UC one, it explains a lot. Hopefully, in a few months, your UC claim will be settled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.