× Members

Mixing with other people.

More
4 months 1 week ago #291297 by jackslad
Mixing with other people. was created by jackslad
MODS:
This is the third topic I have put in if you want to put on one topic that is fine by me was not sure how to put them.

On the mixing with other people desciptor partner was finally awarded 4 points rather than two she normally gets.
We have always said they need help from another (Daughter) but Daughter has done it for years so is obviously experienced.
This does make a material difference she used to get 11 points.
Do you think we should attempt to get the money backdated to previous years?
keep up the good work I would not have even known about this without this site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #291320 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mixing with other people.
j

If you did not challenge the Decisions at the time then I'm afraid there is no opportunity for you to do so now. Also, meeting the criteria now does not mean it was met in the past or more importantly that it will be accepted that you do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Charlie, jackslad

More
4 months 1 week ago #291445 by jackslad
Replied by jackslad on topic Mixing with other people.
Gordon
I thought this was the mixing with other people descriptor?
A Supreme Court judgement in 2019 in connection with the ‘Engaging with other people face
to face’ activity could mean potentially thousands more people are eligible for the daily
living component of PIP or should be getting it at a higher rate.
Amongst those who may have missed out are:
people who need the input of particular friends or relatives with experience of
supporting them in social situations, to enable them manage face to face
encounters.
We have always maintained that Daughter needs to provide support so I would have thought that as the extra 2 points made a material difference she had a case.
Thank you. Thoughts?
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
4 months 1 week ago #291459 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mixing with other people.
j

Yes, it is related to this but the judgement only applies to claims between 2016 and 2020, don't quote me on the years.

If she had an award during this period then the DWP would have contacted her, or you if you are her appointee, you can chase them up if she did and she scored two points for Mixing with Others.

However, the judgment does not apply to any award since 2020 even if she were to be awarded the four points for an earlier review. Those Decisions have to have been challenged in the normal MR/appeal way. If the last award was made more than 13 months ago, which seems likely, then you are out of time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Charlie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.