× Members

Request for assessment change

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291310 by Mary71
Request for assessment change was created by Mary71
I have received my assessment appointment yesterday for a telephone assessment, I would like to know if I could request a change to a paper based one as my condition causes confusion when I am talking and a long telephone conversation would make me extremely distressed?

Please advise

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291312 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Request for assessment change
Hi Mary71

You can submit the request, but be aware that your chances of them changing it to a paper-based one are small. If you could get a letter from a health professional to back up your request, it may improve your chances. I'm not saying they will outright refuse—indeed, they have to consider it properly—but a much smaller number of paper-based assessments are carried out in comparison to telephone ones. Push the point that you will be at a disadvantage if you have to have a long telephone conversation. If it is appropriate you want to say that a telephone assessment would cause you "overwhelming psychological distress."

I would mention that if you're asking for a paper-based decision - I hope that you are confident that you have already provided them with sufficient information. Obviously, the disadvantage of the paper-based assessment when requested by the claimant - the assessor can't clarify anything.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291315 by Mary71
Replied by Mary71 on topic Request for assessment change
Thank you for your reply...sorry I posted the message a few times...I thought that it hadn't gone originally

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid