× Members

Moving from Disabled Tax credits to Universal Credit

More
1 month 6 days ago #291332 by Paul18
Hi All
Hope somebody could give advice please.
My son has a letter invitation to move to UC from Working Tax credits
He gets the disability part of tax credits.
Will he have to enter household income on form or will it just be about his income. He currently has part time job and receives PIP enhanced living and moving around.
Also would applying for UC cause a review of his pip award. He has just got another 3 year award so is worried he might have to go through pip medical etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 6 days ago - 1 month 6 days ago #291348 by Gary
Hi Paul18

He will only have to enter his income and his partners income if he has one.

Applying for UC will not affect his PIP claim, he may be able to apply for LCW/LCWRA depending on his circumstances, if eligible, he may get a work allowance. He would have to complete a work capability assessment form called a UC50; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Gary.

More
1 month 5 days ago #291357 by Sheila 966

Hi Paul18 He will only have to enter his income and his partners income if he has one. Applying for UC will not affect his PIP claim, he may be able to apply for LCW/LCWRA depending on his circumstances, if eligible, he may get a work allowance. He would have to complete a work capability assessment form called a UC50; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1 Gary

Following on from what you have said Gary, I apologise for jumping on the post, but felt that this might be appropriate to the OP, as our situations are very similar, our daughter also receives Enhanced in both PIP categories and receives WTC with the severe disability premium.

As appointee for my adult daughter, I have looked at the online 'Benefit Checkers' as we are expecting a migration letter at any time.

The checkers all ask about other members of the household, ie us, her parents, information such as Council Tax, housing benefit, benefits received by all members of the household, how many hours other household members are working etc - so how can this migration to UC only be for the claimant when other members of their family and their circumstances are, presumably, being taken into account - or have I got this completely wrong, as every time I fill in the form to "see what she is entitled to" it comes out as zero.

(I am assuming that the transitional relief would kick in here, but I'm not sure whether she would qualify as having LCW, she works 32 hours a week and is heavily supported to do so).

Many thanks for any advice you are able to give.

Sheila

More
1 month 5 days ago #291365 by Paul18
Thanks for reply Gary
The UC50 form seems like another PIP form question wise.
He’s autistic and just been through PIP renewal. I know he wouldn’t cope well with more assessments.
I thought invitation would be a simple process as he does work and gets tax credits.
He’s very worried over form.

More
1 month 5 days ago #291366 by Paul18
As I said I would think there would be no capability to work form for him

More
1 month 5 days ago #291371 by Gordon
S

You are looking at generic advice. To echo Gary's advice, you are not part of your daughter's household so only her income and savings need to be declared.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.