× Members

Moving from Disabled Tax credits to Universal Credit

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291437 by Paul18
Thanks Gary

Would that mean on form my son would say zero in answer to who lives with you.
If he applies by migration date because severe disabled tax credits would he not need to fill out a WCA form
Sorry to bother you or does anyone else have experience of migration to UC
Thanks for help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291471 by Paul18
Hi
I asked earlier today for a bit of info if possible. Wondering have my 2 messages been lost

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291473 by Gary
Hi Paul18

You are over thinking things. The first question to ask is who's name is on the tenancy or property deeds if you are a home owner. If your sons name is not on the tenancy then he answers zero.

UC is digital by default, you normally apply on line via the Gov website, although there are exceptions.

As your son is not eligible to claim the housing element, if he is eligible for the work allowance then he would get the high rate (£673)

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #291474 by Gary
Hi Paul18

Your son is classed as a non dependant, it has been a while since I completed an online claim so not sure what the wording states.

WCA is not dependant on disabled tax credits but whether or not your son is in the support group. Disabled tax credits is dependant on your son receiving the enhanced daily living component of PIP.

We would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk . We cannot answer your question regarding WCA as we do not know the number of hours your son works.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #291475 by Gary
Hi Paul18

Your two previous posts had not been lost, they are held in a holding pen until released by a moderator, I have seen both your previous posts and released them.

Gary

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #291500 by Paul18
Thanks Gary
He works 4 days a total of 32 hours with reasonable adjustments
Can’t help overthinking just wary of DWP after just getting PIP renewal and all that involves

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.