× Members

Moving from Disabled Tax credits to Universal Credit

More
1 month 5 days ago #291372 by Gordon
P

Although the WCA form appears similar it is not, in fact, there are few areas of direct overlap between the two. Our UC/ESA Claim guide explains what is being assessed and offers advice on how to complete the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #291385 by Paul18
Thanks for replies
Shelia daughter is a replica of my sons position. Same award and hours worked again with adjustments and support.
He lives at home with mum and me.
So I assume after Sheila’s reply mine and my wife’s income will affect his UC and must be entered on form ?
I don’t see why as his tax credits weren’t to do with us is this a UC thing to deny support for individual.

More
1 month 5 days ago #291388 by Gordon
P

As I replied to S, you are not part of your son's household and do not need to provide details of your income and savings.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

More
1 month 5 days ago #291403 by Paul18
Hi Gordon
Thanks for replying
Sorry I am bit confused
My son lives at home with me and his mother.
So even with that fact we are not part of of his household for UC form and do not have to give our income or savings details on application

More
1 month 5 days ago #291412 by Gary
Hi Paul18

You are correct, once your children are over 18 and not in education then they are classed as non-dependants and can apply for UC in their own name and your income is not taken into consideration.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Charlie

More
1 month 4 days ago #291426 by Paul18
Thanks Gary for info wouldn’t have thought that !
I haven’t saw a form for UC so if asked how many people lives in your home My son should answer zero just him.
Also he pays no rent or council tax etc so zero for that aswell
I assume because he is migrating from disabled tax credits and in work there would be no work capability form to do.
He cannot use phone because of sensory issues would UC need to talk to him.
Sorry to go on but just trying to get an idea of what to expect to reassure him.
So lucky to have this site

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.