× Members

tribunal win

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291436 by troy
tribunal win was created by troy
Went for a face-to-face Tribunal and was successful. Bit confused with the letter I received this morning.
The tribunal finds that following MM the appellant is entitled to 4 points for activity 9 for needing social support to be able to engage with other people, which leads to an award of enhanced Daily Living Component of PiP for the period from 14/8/2017 to 24/10/2021, why not to 2024?
Also, does this mean enhanced going forward?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291483 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic tribunal win
Hi Troy,
Just a quick question, did you reapply for PIP, or have a review, in October 21?
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #291521 by troy
Replied by troy on topic tribunal win
Hi Cathrine, I cancelled my sister's PiP in 2016 because I could see improvement, but felt she deteriorated back into old ways and then re-applied in August 2017.
she was awarded a daily living standard rate from August 2017 to September 2021.
I then received another letter saying you will receive the PiP standard rate of daily living from these days in October 2021 to October 2025. not sure why there is no back-dated reward from 2021 to 2025.
And then in the future, I assume the enhanced rate.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #291548 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic tribunal win
Okay Troy, I am now into the area of 'best sensible guess'.

And that is that you appealed the 2017 to September 2021 award, and whilst you were waiting for that appeal to be heared you moved onto the current award which runs from October 2021 to October 2025 and you did not also appeal that award.

I really am in the area of conjecture here now - if the above is right then it is too late to appeal the October 2021 - October 2025, but you can register a change of circumstances which will trigger a review and you can include the recent appeal decision as part of the evidence in that review.

Does that make sense? If not, I really hope that someone else jumps in here with the answer!
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291688 by troy
Replied by troy on topic tribunal win
Yes Catherine it does make sense, why in heaven's name would they not think for one moment I was appealing until 2025?
Can you please explain how I register a change of circumstances which will trigger a review to appeal the recent decision?

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291743 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic tribunal win
Hi troy

You need to contact DWP and register a change of circumstances, make sure you note down the time, date and who you speak to, we would also advise you to follow up the phone call in writing confirming your change of circumstances conversation and send it by recorded delivery, make sure you keep a copy of the letter.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.