× Members

PIP Text - Letter in 2 Weeks

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291441 by AndyWalker13
PIP Text - Letter in 2 Weeks was created by AndyWalker13
For those who receive a text stating "Your PIP review is complete. You should receive your decision letter in 2 weeks" and do not call until then..... Then the following may be of assistance or help to stop you worrying and if not then I am sure one of the team may correct this. However, on one of these threads a lady commented she had phoned the DWP about this text and while answering security questions their AI system disclosed how much her next payment would be, which would indicate her award was going to continue. From an earlier question on this subject Gordon interestingly answered me to say if you had failed to be awarded anything on 'review' then the DWP would cease all payments immediately.

I have been pretty ill recently and thought another 2 weeks of waiting for a letter is torture so I called the helpline and went through the AI process of DOB and another question which I did not have the answer at hand, so another question was asked which was how much my last PIP payment had been? I typed in the answer and it said your next payment will be X amount which is the same amount I was last paid only 2 days ago. This would indicate my review has been successful and my award has stayed the same as it has always been. Therefore, their own systems may actually save a lot of people from worrying and waiting 2 weeks for an envelope to drop on their mat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291463 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP Text - Letter in 2 Weeks
That is an interesting tip Andy - thank you for sharing your experience.

I do have a slight concern that there might be a time within those two weeks when the DWP have not actioned their decision so any changes to the payment may not be registered. I don't know if this is so. It will be interesting to get a view from our members.

Hoping that when you get the official letter it confirms that everything is good.
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Charlie

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291466 by pip stuff
Replied by pip stuff on topic PIP Text - Letter in 2 Weeks
what to do after being told new rule change does not effect my pip

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #291506 by AndyWalker13
Replied by AndyWalker13 on topic PIP Text - Letter in 2 Weeks
Hi Catherine, you are correct about being careful with this tip as I received my text from the DWP on Tues this week. On Wed I received my full PIP payment. On Thur I contacted DWP, carried out their security questions and then found out my next payment would be for the full amount. If what Gordon said is correct and anyone not being re-awarded would have their payments ceased immediately then something does not add up. However, what I will do is check their AI system again in a week or so and confirm if the same is applicable.

Regards
Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Charlie

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #291509 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP Text - Letter in 2 Weeks
I hope you are pleased with what you find!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyWalker13

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.