× Members

ESA - Contributions Based

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291722 by glennamy
ESA - Contributions Based was created by glennamy
Hi, I am on ESA (Contributions Based), but I receive Severe Disability (income-related) as a top-up.

Can someone knowledgeable explain how I will be affected by the upcoming ESA to UC forced migration that has been brought forward?

I have heard conflicting information, plus I get easily confused as I suffer from brain fog.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291754 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA - Contributions Based
Hi glennamy

Thank you for your question, as to whether or not I am knowledgeable that is another question 🤔 but I will try and answer your query.

As you are in receipt of both IR ESA and CB ESA, you will at some stage be asked to apply for UC, this will affect your IR ESA, your CB ESA will stay in payment.

As you are in the support group, you should be placed in the LCWRA group when you apply for UC.

Your CB ESA will be deducted £ for £ from your UC claim.

UC is paid monthly, whereas CB ESA is paid fortnightly. Claimants state that they can budget better when they receive both UC and CB ESA.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: glennamy

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291806 by glennamy
Replied by glennamy on topic ESA - Contributions Based
Thank you, Gary.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.