× Members

ESA telephone assessment

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291889 by Zoe
ESA telephone assessment was created by Zoe
I am currently on New style contribution based esa assessment period. I have submitted my esa50 form, the dwp have contacted my gp and she has provided them more information about my health issues. I have a work capability assessment interview on Saturday morning and I am so nervous about it. Can anyone help me understand how this is going to go? I have no idea what they’re going to ask me, I can’t even bear the thought of not getting into the support group, as my health issues are too bad to even think about doing any kind of work and I am so worried that if I am made to look for work on top of several health problems and anxiety on top of it all, that I would just not be able to deal with that. The prospect fills me with absolute despair as I have been self employed for 15 years and had to give it all up due to my poor health, I just don’t know how to prepare for this interview, I feel terrified by it. Thank you in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291899 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic ESA telephone assessment
Hi Zoe,

I have just answered another post, pretty much the same as this. Best to follow the guides within this site, make notes of anything you think will help you prepare, and just try your best. Remember, the assessors usually get things wrong what they write, and you can then go to the MR stage afterwards, should you not be happy with their decision.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291901 by Zoe
Replied by Zoe on topic ESA telephone assessment
Thank you, where is the best place on the site to find this? If anyone else who has been through this personally o would be grateful to hear your experience as I have no idea what they will ask me as o spent two weeks filling out the initial form which was mentally and emotionally exhausting I don’t understand what more I could possibly have missed out!!! Thank you in advance

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291902 by Zoe
Replied by Zoe on topic ESA telephone assessment
I have no idea what MR is? I have worked for 30 years and never claimed a benefit so I’m pretty clueless. I just hope that they will realise that im genuine!!

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291904 by Boris1
Replied by Boris1 on topic ESA telephone assessment
When I had my reassessment she basically asked me all of the questions on the form which obviously I had already answered but I had to answer them again.
She gave me plenty of time to elaborate and explain my health conditions and the reasons why I am unable to work.
She asked me if I had been medically diagnosed and I told her yes and to read the medical evidence I had submitted and what I had wrote on the form.
I remained in the support group following the assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zoe

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291909 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA telephone assessment
Z

Our guides are available via the Guides link at the top of the page.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.