× Members

ESA to UC

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291900 by Star2017
ESA to UC was created by Star2017
I will at some point be migrating from Income related ESA (with SDP) to Universal Credit. I don’t think it will be for a couple of years as I’m not claiming any tax credits etc.

My question is when I migrate over are they going to want to see 4 months of bank statements etc. Also if I have other bank accounts like a savings account with the same bank my money goes into. Do I have to tell them about it even if there’s no money in there?.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 16 hours ago #291959 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA to UC
Hi Star2017

We do not know the outcome of the up coming elections. If things stand as they are now, then all claimants on legacy benefits will be invited to claim UC by the end of 2025.

I have never know UC to want to see bank statements unlike HB claimants, they will ask for your bank details so they pay your UC into it and they will ask you about your savings if you have any; www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Documents/Advi...ecklist-applying.pdf

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 5 hours ago #291972 by Star2017
Replied by Star2017 on topic ESA to UC
On another website (Reddit) there are a lot of posts about people who are claiming UC and have been asked to provide 4 months of statements. I just wasn’t sure if it was migration as well as new uc claims.

More
4 weeks 2 hours ago #291977 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic ESA to UC
Hi Star,

I was asked last year to provide 4 months of statements, but as I forgot about the Help2Save - I didn't include this, and they then asked for a years worth of statements. I was also fined £50 for not submitting all my evidence - which I simply forgotten about it, as I'd been saving in it for a while by DD and thought that with it being government based, that you wouldn't need to tell the DWP about money to the DWP as such. They literally ask for everything!

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #291994 by Star2017
Replied by Star2017 on topic ESA to UC
Thanks Chris,

I’ve also read that you have to tell them about PayPal and things. But I’m not sure if that’s correct if you don’t owe them anything? As PayPal is more like a credit card? Or whether it’s if you have a plus balance with them etc.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #291999 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA to UC
Hi Star2017

Unless you are a trader, then the odd item placed or bought on eBay I would not worry about.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.