× Members

universal credit and no fixed abode

More
4 months 4 hours ago #291906 by Emily87
universal credit and no fixed abode was created by Emily87
Hi, I have an existing universal credit claim

but unfortunately I am now homeless (as of 23rd May) - and currently I have no fixed abode.

unfortunately I had to leave my last accommodation for my own safety.

I now have the following questions:

1) What address do I provide?

2) how can I supply proof of housing costs?

3) How does universal credit calculate the local housing allowance rate when you are of no fixed abode?

If someone could please urgently advise it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Stephanie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago - 3 months 4 weeks ago #291927 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic universal credit and no fixed abode
Hi Stephanie,

I would try advicelocal.uk/ and advise them of your situation.

You can also try england.shelter.org.uk/donate?reserved_a...i_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds for additional support should you need it.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Chris. Reason: wrong listing

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #291944 by David
Replied by David on topic universal credit and no fixed abode
You can go into your nearest Jobcentre and you can have your post sent there and use their address for DWP Benefit claims. The Jobcentre can be quite helpful in this situation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.