× Members

UC no extra for disabled?

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #291922 by Ukstevo7
UC no extra for disabled? was created by Ukstevo7
At the moment I get the legacy esa and in that get the Severely disabled premium and the extra for been disabled. I think there is 2 extras. I know that UC does not count disabled people as having any rights and has just wiped this away, and expects disabled to just suffer in poverty and pain.
And then pip which will be even more needed they want to turn into vouchers or just give u money back for disability items u buy. How that would work is stupid as my heating is on all winter lot more that most because of pain. So how would that be covered?

My point is who or what is been done about this? Is it been talked about? Is there voices that are trying to get the premiums added to UC not just the basic low amount that they decided on. How this can be right to say we get this amount on esa for disabled because that’s what we need to live, but then want to move to a new system that gives u less and then things cost more and say this is now what disabled need.

I feel like there is no voices , no protests, no mps fighting for us. There is protest every week and for the last 4 or 5 years about everything possible for minorities and the underdogs, but nothing or no1 seems to notice or help the most vulnerable and in need of there help. There must be some good news you can give about this.
Some help or something that’s a positive? Probably not but I’m in pain atm and depressed so having a bit of a rant and hoping someone can give me good news.

Thank you for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #291963 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC no extra for disabled?
Hi UKstevo7

Most claimants in receipt of IR ESA in the support group and receiving EDP and SDP will be worse off claiming for UC unless they qualify for transitional protection.

IR ESA claimants not in receipt of SDP will be better off on UC, they should be placed in the LCWRA group without having to undergo a new claim although they will at sometime be sent a review form.

There is an election coming up, who knows what the outcome will bring.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Charlie

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #292004 by Ukstevo7
Replied by Ukstevo7 on topic UC no extra for disabled?
Why have they decided tho that they wanted to make the most disabled people worse off? That’s what’s hard to understand, as if they deem that we get this amount on esa but just on a new system for the same issues in your life you are then expected to live on even less. More disabled you are the more the extra costs are. It’s backwards, it should be uc with the support added like esa. It makes no sense at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #292006 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC no extra for disabled?
Hi UKstevo7

I have to agree with you, but I have no idea on what the Government is thinking apart from trying to save money from the public purse. The reality is that it costs more when other services get involved with support and care.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Charlie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.