× Members

Advice regarding PIP review

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #291935 by Charlie
Advice regarding PIP review was created by Charlie
Hi!

6 weeks ago today, I got the text from the DWP that they have all the information they need for their review and that I will hear from them, but it may take 6 weeks.

I haven't heard from them yet.

Assuming I don't hear from them by the end of the day, how should I proceed? I'm assuming call the normal PIP line, try and get through, and then ask for an update, and send a letter afterwards confirming whatever is discussed on the phone?

I'm mostly asking in case there's anything obvious I'm missing or any options other than waiting on the phone for an hour! Especially as my NI Number has some privacy things attached to it meaning that when I call they generally can't talk to me straight away, but instead have to file a specific form to gain access to my records and then call me back a few days later.

Also - I'm anticipating an increase in award based on the assessment report (hopefully I'm not part of the 3% where the DWP disagree with the report!). Will this be backdated to the beginning of these past 6 weeks, or to today/tomorrow, or not at all? I know generally for a review which isn't a change of circumstances there isn't backdating, but given it'll have exceeded the period they told me it would take, I'm curious as to whether there are any norms to when payments are dated from.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #291936 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Advice regarding PIP review
Hi C

When the DWP says that you will hear from them in six weeks - it is not an exact time frame - so I would wait. It's up to you how long you wait to hear from them, but I would give them a couple more weeks and then phone - but the decision is yours.

As you have said, the DWP do not generally 'backdate'. If there is an increase it will probably be from the date on the decision letter. This can vary slightly.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #291943 by Charlie
Replied by Charlie on topic Advice regarding PIP review
Thank you, BIS! I wish they wouldn't say six weeks if they don't actually mean specifically six weeks - seems likely to cause unnecessary stress and calendar-watching. Thanks for the help!

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #292022 by Charlie
Replied by Charlie on topic Advice regarding PIP review
Update: I gave them a call (actually got through to a human in 23 minutes, which feels like a world record!), it's been assigned to a case manager and I should have a result in 2-3 weeks. Honestly, I'm glad I called and got a more specific timeframe to expect.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid