× Members

telephone assessment

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291989 by jon
telephone assessment was created by jon
i have today received a text that a telephone consultation has been booked for next month.
how can i prepare and what can i expect.
thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #292005 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic telephone assessment
Hi jon

From your post I do not know if you are talking about PIP or WCA, so I have added links to both.

If you have a look at our PIP/ESA guides at the link below you will see that there are a number of pages which include advice on telephone assessments. Yes, a lot of the questions are those that would have been asked if you had a face to face assessment.
benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

help-for-claimants/esa1

- Write yourself a bullet point list of any particular points you want to get over, so you have it by you during the assessment, tick them as you cover them during the assessment.
- have paper and pens to hand to make any notes such as the assessors name, date, time
- Record the assessment surreptitiously. (Never trust that there won't be a problem with their equipment!)
- make sure you are seated in a comfortable chair, you are going to be there a while and at table to make notes
- if you can't hear or understand what is being asked then ask them to repeat the question
- don’t let the assessor rush you and get you flustered.
- don't forget to have a glass of water if needed so you don't get a dry throat and lose your voice!

For PIP, don't forget to contact DWP 48 hours after the assessment and ask for a copy of the assessors report called PA4.
For WCA, contact DWP once you receive your decision letter and ask for a copy of the assessors report called a UC85.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , jakkijax, jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris